Holy Dip Dates
Holy Dip or Shahi Snaan has a great importance in terms of religious believe during the Simhastha Mahakumbh. It is believe that Shahi Snaan in the divine river Kshipra helps one to get rid of his committed sins and to experience constructive effect on mind and body of one.It is divine as because of the reality that drops of nectar were dropped on earth during the fight between the Devs and Asurs in this river. It is divine feel to take Shahi Snaan in the river Kshipra.
A million number of devotees who encompass all kinds of people visit to Ujjain during this grand festival of Mahakumbh in order to take a dip in the Kshipra and to be a part of Shahi Snaan. Saadhu and saints of different categories like Naga Sadhus (who doesn’t wear anything on their body), Urdhwavahurs (those who put their body to severity), Parivajakas, Shirshasins(one who do sadhna and meditation by standing on their heads for 24 hours), Kalpvasis (who do meditation at the banks and bath 3 times in a day)etc visit here .They visit here from different parts of the country and also from outside of the country, to become a part of the greatest gathering of the world.
So when Shahi Snaan or Holy dip possess a gigantic religious and social importance as well at that time it is necessary for us to make you aware about the projected dates of Shahi Snaan2016or Holy Dip Dates of 2016 or MahakumbhMelaSnaan Dates 2016
Here Ujjain Tourism present lists of Shahi Snaan 2016 dates:-
VikramSamvat 2073, ChaitraVaishakhaShukla Purnima
- Chaitra Shukla 15, 22nd April, 2016 (Friday) – Shahi Snaan (Royal Holy Dip)
- Vaishakha Krishna 9, 1st May, 2016 (Sunday) to Vaishakha Krishna 30, 6th May, 2016 (Friday)- PancheshaniYatra Start
- Vaishakha Krishna 11, 3rd May, 2016 (Tuesday) – VratparvVaruthiniEkadashi
- Vaishakha Krishna 30, 6th May, 2016 (Friday) – Vaishakha Krishna Amavasya
- Vaishakha Shukla 3, 09th May, 2016 (Monday)- AkshayaTritiya
- Vaishakha Shukla 5, 11th May, 2016 (Wednesday) – ShankracharyaJayanti
- Vaishakha Shukla 9, 15th May, 2016 (Sunday) – VrishabhSankranti
- Vaishakha Shukla 11, 17th May, 2016 (Tuesday) – MohiniEkadashi
- Vaishakha Shukla 13, 19th May, 2016 (Thursday) – Pradosh
- Vaishakha Shukla 14, 20th May, 2016 (Friday) – NrusihnJayanti
- Vaishakha Shukla 15, 21st May, 2016 (Saturday) – Pramukh Shahi Snaan
- Although importance of taking holy dip in any place where Kumbh takes place has huge importance but Ujjain has some more Special importance because of the presence of the sacred KshipraMaiyaa.
On that note, When KumbhMela has such a great importance in India and also outside the India, so everyone should Visit Ujjain and Mahakumbh Ujjain once in their life in order to feel the positivity and spirituality present in the air of Ujjain. Ujjain, the City which well-known as the city of Mahakal Temple and of many other great kings and saints like Chandragupta II, Sandipani, Kalidas, Bhaskaracharya and Brahmagupta.