Tourist Places in Ujjain
One of Hinduism’s seven holy cities, Ujjain claims a prosperity of cultural heritage, mostly in the form of temples. Located on the banks of the Shipra River, the city dates back to 600 BC and was once the dwelling of Ashoka. It seemed to be also the political plus commercial hub of middle India as well as the capital regarding the ancient Avanti Empire.
Ujjain’s spiritual charm will be undeniable. The well-known poet, Kalidas, described it as ‘the town fallen from Heaven to bring Heaven to Earth’. The several temples give you glimpses of a glorious prior.
Sailani Tapu and Hanuwantiya Island are the most visited tourist places in Ujjain if you want to do water adventure actions coupled with cool vacationing activities. We possess curated the list regarding best weekend getaways by Ujjain which you may visit with your near and dear ones to make your moments unforgettable.
Here, Below are the 12 Nearest Place to Ujjain:
The Omkareshwar is one of the Jyotirlinga among the 12 Jyotirlings. Omkareshwar Temple has a huge importance in the terms of religious believes. It is situated on the shore of River Narmada. At Omkareshwar temple Lord Shiva is worshiped. The term Omkareshwar means in the form of “Om”. The tourist place is believed to be in the shape of sign “OM” and that’s why it so famous. There are many beautiful spots to visit like ghats mainly Omkareshwar ghat, Gomukh ghat and nagar ghat. Other places are 24 Avatars Group of Ujjain Temples, Kajal rani cave, Sri Govinda Bhagavatpaada Cave, etc.
- Visit Time – 5 AM to 9:30 PM
- Distance – 140 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Khandwa – Indore Road, Mandhata, Madhya Pradesh – 450554
- Famous for – 12th Revered Jyotirling of Shiva
- Fees – Free Entry
Maheshwar is one of the most beautiful tourist places in Ujjain. It is situated at the bank of Holy River Narmada and is a home place of Lord Shiva. It is the most eminent tourist sport of M.P. that is why a large no tourists visit here every year. Maheshwar is famous for the equitable governance of Devi Ahilyabai Holkar who ruled over there. Other things which enhance the popularity of Maheshawar are Nimar utsav, the Handloom items and Maheshwari sarees. Every year Nimar utsav takes place in the month of February where a lot of programs take place by the artists of different states.
- Visit Time – 7:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Distance – 150 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Maheshwar, Madhya Pradesh – 451224
- Famous for – Lord Ek Mukhi Datta, Maa Narmada and Lord Ganesha temples is the main attraction of Maheshwar.
- Fees – Free Entry
Mandu is the most stunning nearest place to Ujjain situated in Dhar district. It is a truly beautiful place to visit; it can be a wonderful experience to see Mandu in rainy season as it looks like a green plateau which gives a feel of happiness. Mandu is also known as Mandav and Mandavghad. The Mandu is famous because of its history and historical monuments. There are a number of beautiful monuments of the ancient times to see for instance Jahaj Mahal which is in the shape of a Jahaj, Buland Darwaja, Hindola Mahal, Reva Kund and Rani Rupmati’s Pevilion.
- Distance – 151 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Dhar District, MP
- Famous for – Baaz Bahadur buit fort in the memory of his Queen Rani Roopmati.
#4 Ram Mandir:
Ram Mandir is dedicated to Lord Rama who is seen in ujjain with his wife Sita on one side and his brother Laxman on another side. Ram Mandir is the embodiment of fineness in the field of architecture.
Everything fluctuating from the carvings to the statues to the paintings (especially those of Bedalya Bua Maharaj and Sant Tukoba) has been designed with ultimate minuteness. This needs to be visited regardless of your time constraints.
- Distance – 2 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Ksheer Sagar, Malipura, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456006
- Famous for – Small Temple of Lord Ram
- Fees – Free Entry
#5 Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary:
Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary Range over an area of 5 sq. km, this is a perfect place for folks who want to spend some time close to nature. If the lavish green environments are enchanting, the tall plants and wildlife are the cherry on the cake, making it one of the best nearest places to visit Ujjain for adventure enthusiasts as well as nature lovers alike. Adventure enthusiasts can trek in Ralamandal Wildlife Sanctuary where they can explore the prehistoric building of a fort within the premises.
- Visit Time – 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Distance – 70 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Mirjapur, Madhya Pradesh 452020
- Famous for – Indore’s 19th-century Holkar dynasty
- Fees – Rs : 5/-
While making the list of best weekend getaways from Ujjain is the Mhow Cantonment, located in Indore. While it houses the most popular waterfalls in the state, the region also fascinates a large number of people to Mhow Fort which is a well-maintained heritage structure made by the Holkars. Mhow is famous across the state for its grand 150-feet-high Patalpani Waterfalls.
- Visit Time – Any Time
- Distance – 90 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Dhar District, Madhya Pradesh
- Famous for – As the father of constitution (Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar ) birth place.
#7 Kal Bhairava Temple
Kaal Bhairav Temple is devoted to the fierce appearance of Lord Shiva namely Bhairav. It is believed that this temple is related to Tantra cult, a secret religious group who thrives upon black magic.
The amazing thing about this temple is that the idol of Kal Bhairav situated here consumes alcohol, but the mystery of where the wines are consumed remains even today. Many people from all over the world arrive at Kaal Bhairav Temple Ujjain to see the idol drinking alcohol.
- Visit Time – Monday to Friday : 5:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Distance – 6.7 Km from Ujjain
- Location – Bhairavgarh, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456003
#8 Kaliadeh Palace
The Kaliadeh Palace is one of the most prominent historical landmarks of the temple town of Ujjain. The palace was constructed by the Sultan of Mandu long back in the year 1458 A.D.
The palace has a great architectural value, and the central hall of the palace signifies one of the best examples of the Persian architecture. The palace bears the legacy of holding two Persian legends on the visit of Akbar and Jahangir.
- Visit Time – 9.00 AM – 6.00 PM,
- Distance – 7.4 km from Ujjain
- Location – Island on the bank of Kshipra River, Madhya Pradesh 456003
#9 ISKCON Ujjain Temple
ISKCON temple in Ujjain, within the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Ujjain is the town of temples, with extra than 2000 temples and is one of the 7 most fortunate pilgrimage cities in India.
ISKCON Temple made with white marble from the town of Makrana. Makrana is placed within the country of Rajasthan and is understood for its white marble extensively utilized to construct the Taj Mahal. There are 3 sancta sanctorum within the temple cover the idols of Lord Krishna and Radha with Gopis, Balarama and Krishna and Nitaai Gaur personifications of Krishna and Balarama.
- Visit Time – 4:30 AM – 9:15 PM
- Distance – 2.9 km from Ujjain
- Location – Hare Krishna Land, 33-37, Administrative Zone, Bharatpuri, Madhya Pradesh 456010
- Fees – No entry fee
#10 Gomti Kund
Gomti Kund is a holy water tank situated near to Sandipani Ashram. It is considered as a holy tourist place in Ujjain. It is a holy water tank or a steep pond lying near to the famous Sandipani Ashram. As per the legend, Lord Krishna combined waters from all the holy rivers at this tank to help his guru, Guru Sandipani to perform his rituals.
- Visit Time – 5:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Distance – 5.4 km from Ujjain
- Location – Gomati Kund, Madhya Pradesh
- Fees – No entry fee
#11 Birla Mandir
Birala Mandir is greatly sacred place for Hindus, Birla Mandir Bhopal is one of the highly visited tourist place in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. The original name is Lakshmi Narayan Temple. However, it is usually known as Birla Mandir. The architectural appeal of Birla Mandir Bhopal is just incomparable. Enclosed by greenery and ancient charm, the very architecture stinks of calmness and serenity.
- Visit Time – 6:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Distance – 70.6 km from Ujjain
- Location – Industrial Area, Nagda, Madhya Pradesh 456331
#12 Jantar Mantar
Jantar Mantar is a famous memorial in Ujjain. It was made to find things. In 18th century, Maharaja Jai Singh II came to light and built the famous Jantar Mantar to guide the people on the right path of spiritual science. This building, made by Raja Jaisingh of Amer, is among the five built by him in India, the others situated at Delhi, Jaipur, Mathura and Varanasi.
- Visit Time – 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM on all days
- Distance – 2.6 km from Ujjain
- Location – Chintaman Rd, Jabsinghpura, Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh 456010
- Fees – Indian citizens- INR 40 per head (above 15 years of age) , Foreign citizens- INR 200 per head, Camera- INR 50, Audio Guide- INR 150
If you searching Ujjain Travels for tourist place in Ujjain then your search ends here. We provides best taxi or cab service at affordable prices.